Monday, February 11, 2013

Did the cloud move, or did I move away?



When travelling in the auto I have seen the clouds move away from me. But sometimes, when I am standing still I can see them move. When in auto I see the other things also move away, this Kats says is because we are going ahead and everything else remains stand still so to us it seems like everything else is going away. But I asked her, that what if while I was going ahead in the auto, the cloud actually did move away because of wind, how would I know? Kats had a solution for this too! She said, “Ask another friend who is not moving at all to watch both your auto and the cloud. She would know who is moving and in which direction.”

Smart idea, isn't it? But is it really possible for one person to see both the auto and the cloud at once? What if while she was observing the auto for a few tiny-winy minutes the cloud moved, and she didn't notice how much and in which direction it moved. Then even she wouldn't be able to tell what actually happened isn't it?
I guess Kats would say then, “Have two friends then. One who carefully observes the auto, and the other the cloud. And after sometime let them discuss.” But what she does forget is that when two friends have to do a job togehter it is simply not possible for them to do it wihtout talking. And then they would deifnitely make a mistake about the auto and the cloud's movements.

The clouds as I told you before reminds me friends; sometimes you don't know wether you moved away or the cloud. If you ask a friend or two friends to tell you when the cloud has moved away from you, by the time they tell you the cloud would be too far. Not that they will always be wrong, but the chances that they can manage to tell you on time is very less.

How does one solve a problem like this! I saw somewhere on the internet, where by controlling the temperature and moisture of a room someone made a cloud inside the room! Amazing isn't it? The cloud stands still, right where you want, it is of the shape you want. But it won't thunder or rain, it can move, but has nothing to cover or sheild away from. But who would want a cloud like that, that doesn't thunder, that doens't cause rain; that just stands in one place like a showpiece. So the make the cloud in the room solution goes. There should be a way right?

Maybe if you walk back from where you started and you see that the cloud is still there in the sky above you, you'll know that you moved away. But what if the cloud had moved too, but came back when you did? How would you know that?

I can't think of a way to find out who moved away exactly at all times, me or the cloud. You can't pin a cloud on the sky like on the display board, but you sure can keeping looking up and smiling for it to come your way again, or at least hope the winds to push it your way.

No comments:

Post a Comment